Thursday, August 6, 2009

Heaven begins with C and ends with -OSTCO

I know it's like putting a wholesale superstore on a pedestal, but it's so hard not to. Not only can you conveniently shop in their large aisles while getting more for your buck (a lot more), you can have a balanced lunch by checkout time for FREE! am i cheap you ask? oh yes indeed. There are samples beyond samples at all times of the day and no one cares how much you take! No purchase necessary. Here's how I like to plan my route.
First I go down the food aisles, skipping the first two which are nuts and candy. There are at least five samples going down this way which usually resemble something like soup, salad, beans, granola, etc. Appetizer?... check. Then I mosey on over to the freezer aisle where I can happily find some dino nuggets, corn dogs, sweet potato fries, and all the other frozen food delights. This is where my meal really begins. Yum Yum Yum!!!
Then it's off to sample the meats and cheeses... that's almost my favorite part! but at the end of this lunch, if I am really lucky.... there is a lady in a red apron and white cap waiting for me at the end of the meat aisle holding out a piece of cheese cake in my direction. I love that lady.... is she god? cuz costco is heaven and all? I don't know, but it's as if once you walk into this sanctuary of happiness, reality is left at the door or the checkout stand if you actually buy something.

No comments:

Post a Comment